ANNUAL CONVENTION 2012
Mark Your Calendar
The 2012 Annual AGSM Convention will be
June 22 - 25, 2012
Holiday Inn National Airport
2650 Jefferson Davis Highway
Arlington, VA 22202
The hotel is minutes from all the sights, sounds and attractions
of the Nation's Capital, such as the Pentagon, Arlington National
Cemetery, Washington DC monuments, the National Mall, Capitol Hill,
Smithsonian Museums, Old Town Alexandria, Crystal City Metro, and
the Pentagon City Fashion Centre. The Holiday Inn National Airport
Arlington hotel offers complimentary shuttle service to and from the
Ronald Reagan National Airport (and Metro station) daily from 5 AM
to 12 AM.
Featuring 280 premium guest rooms and over 5,000 square feet of
beautiful and flexible meeting space, the Holiday Inn National
Airport hotel in Arlington, VA emphasizes unparalleled service for
all our guests. While the hotel boasts a business center, meeting
rooms, full service restaurant and lounge, recreational facilities
for all to enjoy, and a complete fitness center to start or end your
day, our focus is always on you - our valued customer.
for hotel reservation Monday May 21, 2012.
Room rate is $99 per night plus tax.
Make your reservations early to guarantee one of the
blocked rooms. Call the Holiday Inn directly at
703-684-7200 or 800-315-2621 and use our rate code of
Check In: 4:00PM Check Out: 12:00 PM. The hotel has a
free shuttle from Reagan National Airport.
Group Event - Sunday Morning tour of Washington, DC
We will be touring some of the most famous sites in
Washington, DC. Two buses have been reserved for this
tour. Each bus has a capacity of 55. Book early to
guarantee a spot on this tour.
The 75th Annual National
Convention Condensed Schedule
Friday June 22
- 8 AM to 11AM Registration for Delegates and
Mother's Cupboard open for business.
- 1 PM to 5 PM Orientation, Workshops, Fundraising
idea sharing, Rehearsal for Memorial Service.
- 7:00 PM Memorial Service followed by Reception.
Saturday June 23
- 7:30 AM - 8:45 AM Last call for Registration.
- 9:00 AM Official Opening of the Convention; Gold
Star Manor program.
- 10:00 AM Dads and Guest on your own for
- BUSINESS MEETING BEGINS - Report of Nominations
- Noon Luncheon VAVS Program.
- 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM Business Meeting Resumes;
Nominations from the Floor, Amendments.
- 7:00 PM Dinner on your own, free time.
Sunday June 24
- 7:00 AM - 8:00 AM Breakfast on your own.
- 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM Tour of Wash, DC
- 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM Reconvene Business Meeting;
Report of Election, Committee Reports and new
- 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Installation of Officers and
Closing of Convention.
- 6:30 PM Cocktail Hour with Banquet beginning at
Return to Top of page.